Locations, Dates, and Tuition
ISD Florida: Residential Program
1 Week: $2,499
ISD Carolina: Residential Program
1 Week: $2,499
Commuter Program (FL and NC)
1 Week: $1,699
1 Week: $1,000
- Students who sign-up before December 31st will save $300 on two-week tuition at ISD 2024.
- Payment in full for ISD 2024 must be received to confirm your enrollment in ISD. Your credit card or checking account payment will be processed immediately upon enrollment approval by ISD administration.
- All enrollments are non-refundable.
- After May 31st, there is a $200 late-registration fee. Please complete your registration before the end of May to avoid this additional cost.
- All 1-week students must attend the first week of the session. There is no 1-week session during the second week.
- 1-week dates are as follows:
- There is no 1-week enrollment option available for students in interpretation of literature.
- ISD: Florida, while located at Florida Atlantic University, is neither the responsibility of, nor endorsed by, Florida Atlantic University.
Technology Requirements and Arrival/Departure Information
- Students will be able to complete ISD: Online from the comfort of their own home – but there will be some technology requirements.
- Students will need a working webcam and we encourage students to consider a headset for optimal sound and microphone support.
- While most home wifi should support ISD: Online’s instruction, the use of an ethernet cable may enhance wifi speed and improve the student experience.
- ISD will offer students the opportunity to test their technology before ISD: Online instruction begins.
- Hosted at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, FL.
- All flights should arrive at and depart from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
- For those flying to Ft. Lauderdale, please arrange flights to arrive between 9:00am and 2:00pm on Saturday, June 29, 2024.
- Departure for one-week students will be Friday, July 5, 2024. Please arrange your departing flight prior to noon.
- For two-week students, departure will be on Friday, July 12, 2024. Please arrange your departing flight prior to noon.
- Hosted at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in Chapel Hill, NC.
- All flights should arrive at and depart from Raleigh Durham International Airport (RDU).
- For those flying to Raleigh-Durham, please arrange flights to arrive between 9:00am and 2:00pm on Sunday, July 14, 2024.
- Departure for one-week students will be Saturday, July 20, 2024. Please arrange your departing flight prior to noon.
- For two-week students, departure will be on Saturday, July 27, 2024. Please arrange your departing flight prior to noon.
- Ground Transportation must be purchased in advance when you apply for the Workshop.
- Payment for ground transportation is due with the balance of your fee. The transportation fee is $125 (for round trip transportation) and $75 (for one way trips), all to or from Raleigh Durham International Airport (RDU) for ISD: Carolina, and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) for ISD: Florida.
Tuition Payment Information
Tuition payments are made through our online enrollment service. All tuition payments are non-refundable. All payments are due immediately upon receipt of your invoice.
ISD will not provide unaccompanied minor service at ISD 2024. If a student is too young to fly independently, parents will have to fly with their child or make other arrangements.
Financial Aid Information
- The Institute for Speech and Debate’s founders are committed to expanding access to speech and debate across the country. We believe strongly that able students of all economic backgrounds should be welcomed and enabled to come to our programs.
- Financial assistance is available for those who would benefit significantly from attending the Workshop but would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
- To complete an application, we request that applicants submit letters (email is acceptable) supporting the aid decision from the student, a parent/guardian, and coach.
- The letter from the parent should indicate the level of need (including an amount budgeted for the Institute program desired); the letter from the coach should indicate work ethic, leadership, and skill; the letter from the student should indicate why attending the Institute is important to him or her. Requests for aid will be considered on a rolling basis. Requests completed by March 1 receive primary consideration, and all funds will be awarded by April 15. Requests and supporting documentation can be sent to the institute co-directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial aid is limited to available funds and will be distributed on a first-come-first-served basis until they are exhausted.