The Institute for Speech and Debate will have residential and commuter programs in the following events during the 2020 Workshop sessions. Click on the links below to learn more about each option.
Students may select the speech and debate event that best matches their area of interest. Please contact us if we can help!
Interpretation of Literature
Middle School Day and Residential Program
Original Oratory and Informative Speaking
Public Forum Debate
Locations, Dates, and Tuition
1 Week: $2,150
1 Week: $1,250
- EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Students who enroll in our two-week residential program before December 31st will save $300 off tuition!
- These prices are based on electronic payment by ACH (checking account). There is an additional 3% surcharge when paying by credit card.
- Day trip to Walt Disney’s Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World is only included for two-week residents at ISD: Florida. Two-week commuters who wish to add the trip to Walt Disney World can do so for $150.
- After May 31st, there is a $200 late-registration fee. Please complete your registration before the end of May to avoid that additional cost.
- All 1-week students must come the first week of the session. There is no 1-week session during the second week.
Arrival & Departure Information
- All flights should arrive at and depart from Denver International Airport.
- For those flying to Denver, please arrange flights to arrive between 9:00am and 2:00pm on Monday, June 22.
- Departure for one-week students will be Sunday, June 28. Please arrange your departing flight prior to noon.
- For two-week students, departure will be on Sunday, July 5. Please arrange your departing flight prior to noon.
- All flights should arrive at and depart from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
- For those flying to Ft. Lauderdale, please arrange flights to arrive between 9:00am and 2:00pm on Saturday, June 27.
- Departure for one-week students will be Friday, July 3. Please arrange your departing flight prior to noon.
- For two-week students, departure will be on Friday, July 10. Please arrange your departing flight prior to noon.
- All flights should arrive at and depart from Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
- For those flying to Charlotte, please arrange flights to arrive between 9:00am and 2:00pm on Sunday, July 12.
- Departure for one-week students will be Saturday, July 18. Please arrange your departing flight prior to noon.
- For two-week students, departure will be on Saturday, July 25. Please arrange your departing flight prior to noon.
- Ground Transportation must be purchased in advance when you apply for the Workshop.
- Payment for ground transportation is due with the balance of your fee. The transportation fee is $100 (for round trip transportation) and $60 (for one way trips), all to or from Denver International Airport (DEN) for ISD: Colorado, Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) for ISD: Carolina, and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) for ISD: Florida.
Tuition Payment Information
Tuition payments are made through our online enrollment service. All tuition payments are non-refundable. All payments are due immediately upon receipt of your invoice
ISD will not provide unaccompanied minor service at ISD 2020. If a student is too young to fly independently, parents will have to fly with their child or make other arrangements.
Financial Aid Information
- The Institute for Speech and Debate’s founders are committed to expanding access to speech and debate across the country. We believe strongly that able students of all economic backgrounds should be welcomed and enabled to come to our programs.
- Financial assistance is available for those who would benefit significantly from attending the Workshop but would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
- To complete an application, we request that applicants submit letters (email is acceptable) supporting the aid decision from the student, a parent/guardian, and coach.
- The letter from the parent should indicate the level of need (including an amount budgeted for the Institute program desired); the letter from the coach should indicate work ethic, leadership, and skill; the letter from the student should indicate why attending the Institute is important to him or her. Requests for aid will be considered on a rolling basis. Requests completed by March 1 receive primary consideration, and all funds will be awarded by April 15. Requests and supporting documentation can be sent to the Operations Director (Jason Kline) at email@example.com.
- Financial aid is limited to available funds and will be distributed on a first-come-first-served basis until they are exhausted.